Sunday 14 April 2013

A custom order, a sale and a purchase

Its been a busy couple of weeks at HbyH HQ ever since we decided to put our house up for sale. We were really luck to sell really quickly. Which then left us with a search for somewhere to move to. Towards the end of last week, after some to-ing and fro-ing our offer on a house was accepted.
I'm not going to share too much detail until I actually have the keys in my hand - you just never can tell!

So, now the arguments commence: who gets the smallest spare room for their 'stuff'. At the moment Mr HbyH has 'bagsied' the third bedroom and I get to sew on the kitchen table. But I figure it's all up for grabs when we move. There may be a scuffle as the first to to place their box in it gets to keep it - i'm sharpening my elbows in readiness!

One of the nicest things about our new house is that there is plenty of outdoor space for out two dogs.





They're both quite large and quite lively and each winter my garden currently ends up looking like the Somme. Each spring I have to dig it over and re-seed! I'm hoping our new, larger garden will be a bit more robust!

I did manage to finish one custom bag order this week. But unfortunately it's a surprise for a bride-to-be, so I can't share the pictures at the moment in case I spoil the surprise.

Hopefully, normal service will be resumed for next weeks handmade monday!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well on the moving front - I'm just gearing myself up to put my house on the market (when A levels are done) so hope I'm as lucky as you and sell quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on selling your house. As regards to the room - who's hobby makes the most money? Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on finding a new home - great news for the dogs too. Bet you are looking forward to all that packing (and eventual unpacking) ;0). Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for your move x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your house move. Your dogs look great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on finding a house, that's fantastic news :)

    maybe the dogs should get bedroom 3 to stop you and hubby arguing over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your planned move. We have 2 dogs now and a large garden with a 'path' that's been created all the way down the middle that's developed into a bit of a ditch over the past 20 years (3 dogs in all)! I still need to wear my wellies if I venture beyond the patio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the house move. I hope you get the room situation sorted without too much bloodshed!!!

    I'm sure your dog's will love the bigger garden xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the house move - hope it all goes really smoothly!! Hope you get your "business space" too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the move (and the sewing room bagging! ). We'll look forward to seeing pictures when you've settled :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on selling and buying a house. I hope it all goes through quickly and smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fingers crossed your move goes well. Sounds like the new house is perfect for your dogs. I hope you also get the new sewing space you need. Have a lovely week.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope all goes well with the house and good luck with the elbow sharpening - you should win on fairness as he had the room in the last house :-) the dogs are lovely and I'm sure they'll appreciate the added play space x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new house! Hope the move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete