Sunday 12 August 2012

First week after the launch of HandbagsbyHelen

Since Handmade Monday was where my blogging first started, it seemed only right to launch my website here last Monday too. I really want to say a HUGE Thank you to everyone who visited my website, left a comment, shared on Facebook...in whatever way you supported....
THANK YOU!  
With your help I achieved a self-set target of 50 comments on my blog. Which means one lucky person is going to receive one of my bags.

So, everyone's name has gone into a hat (literally! - oh, I know I could have used a random number generator, but I'm just a bit old fashioned I guess).


And the winner is.....
Please drop me a line Gill to let me know which bag you would like.

There have been a couple of other landmarks in the build-up to the website launch. I made it to 300 likes on Facebook...wow, who would have thought when I started just over 12 months ago!?


**** STOP PRESS **** Latest update is 330 likes - thanks to the lovely Charlotte over at A Little Birdie Told Me. Please stop by her facebook page and take a look at all her pretty makes.

And.......one of my bags is due to feature in sewing world magazine - can't remember if I shared that before. But I'm sooo excited.

And I got my first commission (well, first if you exclude my mum and her friends!).

Anyway, off to share the good vibes around the rest of the lovely bloggers on Handmade Monday.


20 comments:

  1. Well done on all your achievements gives one a warm fuzzy glow when something goes right

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all brilliant, brilliant news - well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all your achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with all your success, long may it continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a lot of exciting news! i so pleased for you :)

    your bags always look so beautifully made, how exciting to get your first commission, i'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with the results! x

    p.s. very well done for the magazine feature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are going to be a published author! Well you bags are so nice I'm not suprised that they want to include them in the magazine. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All excellent news- congratulations. I also think the name in a hat technique is lots nicer than the random number generator!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed Handmade Monday last week so I didn't see your launch.Sounds like you've been very successful so far.I'll be off to like your FB later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You seem to be going from strength to strength. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done! Its great to see people reaching targets and breaking barriers in light of the current climate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen, what fantastic news about sewing world... you must be so thrilled! I love your homemade random number generator... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you've had a fantastic first year, very well done :-) 300 facebook likes and a feature in a magazine are things I dream of! You'll have to share your secrets of success ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, glad to see things are taking off for you x And count the commissions from Mum and her friends, they are still commissions - I get lots of work via friends and its a real confidence boost to know they love what you make :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything seems to going well for you! 300 likes, that's astounding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Gill, looking forward to seeing which Handbag by Helen you choose. What a fantastic week - hope this one is just as good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great news its all going well. off to find you on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done, i really like your number generator :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, things are really taking off for you, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. well done on your online success! new likes on FB and new website - fantastic! wishing you lots of new inspirations for those webpages.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done, that's great news, especially being featured in a magazine, hope you have many more sales.

    Melanie:0)

    ReplyDelete